safety reasons, wheelchairs, baby joggers, strollers,
and pets will not be permitted on the race course.
to time restraints, we regret we are unable to accommodate
walkers in our event.
note: There is limited parking on the south side of the bridge. Leave
your cars at your hotels, and either walk or take the Runners'
Courtesy Bus provided by Melissa's Restaurant and Bar or take
the Banff "Roam
Bus". It is a busy weekend so be sure to make
your hotel bookings soon.
START: 10:40 a.m. at the Banff Recreation Grounds (immediately after 10K participants clear Cave Avenue).
FINISH: 1:30 p.m.
Runners will start massing at the Recreation Grounds at 10:10 a.m. This is a self-seeded start. Markers will be on the side of the road. This race deploys a rolling closure in conjunction with the 10K and 5K races.
- Start on Sundance Road, (self-seeded start). Both lanes will be closed until 10:45 a.m. Northbound lane will be closed until 1:30 p.m.
- Turn left onto Cave Avenue. Both lanes closed to traffic until 10:50 a.m.
- Turn left onto Birch Drive. Both lanes closed to traffic until 10:50 a.m.
- Turn right onto Birch Avenue. Eastbound lane (runner's right). Eastbound lane closed to traffic until 11:00 a.m.
- Continue under Banff Avenue Bridge and along Glen Avenue, Eastbound lane (runner's right). Eastbound lane closed to traffic until 11:00 a.m.
- Turn left onto Bow Falls Avenue, Southbound lane (runner's right) and continue past Bow Falls parking lot. Southbound lane closed to traffic until 11:15 a.m.
- Turn left onto Banff Springs Hotel Golf Course Bridge and proceed along Golf Course Road past the clubhouse, staying in Eastbound lane (runner's right).
- Proceed along the back loop of Golf Course Road and complete two loops.
- After completing the second loop of Golf Course Road, proceed back toward Banff, Eastbound lane (runner's left).
- Cross BSH Golf Course Bridge and turn right onto Bow Falls Avenue, Northbound lane (runner's right), proceed through Bow Falls Avenue parking lot and continue along Bow Falls Avenue on runner's right. Northbound traffic between Bow Falls parking lot and footpath before Glen Avenue intersection is controlled by Traffic Control Persons at bottom and top of this section of road, as required to allow passage of runners.
- Before Glen Avenue and Bow Falls intersection, turn right onto Bow Falls Trail, staying on runner's right.
- Turn right onto Glen Avenue at intersection with Ped Bridge trail, staying on runner's right of pylons.
- Proceed under Banff Avenue Bridge and along Birch Avenue, staying on runner's right of pylons.
- From the end of Birch Avenue to Sundance Road proceed along Rec Grounds footpath, staying on runner's right of path.
NEW IN 2017
- A Course Marshall will direct you left onto the gravel path behind the farthest ball diamond.
- Turn left onto the track and proceed to the finish line.
Do not stop until you have crossed the finish line!
Remember to keep moving along the finish line chute to allow
other runners to finish safely.
here to view and print off 21Km Route Map
Click here to view and print off 21Km Contingency Route